Corn & Seed bread has been developed to be, well… just like bread really. The texture and flavours to resemble its wheat based cousins that many gluten intolerant folk have missed. Gum Free and Pre-sliced for your convenience.
Healthy Food Pyramid
Corn & Seed meets the National Heart Foundation’s ‘Eat Most’ food and nutrition criteria when included as part of a balanced diet.
Gluten-intolerant folk often tell us they miss “good bread the whole family can enjoy, that doesn’t fall apart and tastes delicious”.
With our Corn & Seed bread, Purebread delivers on this need: a bread that is a valued part of a Healthy Food Pyramid and a balanced gluten-free diet, that is also family-friendly.
Our unique recipe is based on organic potato, honey, soy flour and eggs, and enhanced with the special nutritional qualities of natural seeds and cornmeal. All are ingredients are GE-free and, wherever possible, organic. These natural ingredients are baked with the ‘slow-cooking’ technique we have perfected to minimise the bread crumbling. Our delicious, healthy ingredients help improve the body’s absorption of valuable vitamins and minerals and add energy while not compromising health issues for gluten-sensitive digestive systems. Great taste – Good health
Corn & Seed Facts
- For our gluten-free bread, we look to foods rich in natural plant nutrients (phytonutrients) for their beneficial health effects, which are also pleasant to eat
- All seeds are rich in minerals due to their high polyunsaturated fat content, and their nutrients are easily absorbed by the body. This means they are more readily digested by people with gluten-sensitivity
- Linseed (also known as flaxseed) is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, especially alpha-linolenic acid, which is thought to be beneficial for preventing or lessening the impact of inflammatory bowel diseases
- Sesame seeds are a good source of protein (including iron) and calcium
- We are grateful to the many customers whose feedback helped us test and refine our recipe
Ingredients: Organic Potato, Maize Starch, Rice Flour, Organic Soy Flour, Organic Wholemeal Corn Flour, Organic Sesame & Linseeds, Organic Honey, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Sea Salt, Organic Eggs, Filtered Water, Yeast. All ingredients gluten free.
|Fat – total
|Fat – saturated
(Serving size: 1 slice; All specified values are averages).
What Consumers Say:
The gluten free corn bread is the best I have tasted.”
“The gluten free corn bread is the best I have tasted. It is pre-sliced so can be frozen for convenience. Try it toasted with chunky basil pesto and tomato on top.”
The best of all the commercially produced GF breads I have ever tasted”
“I have just discovered your Gluten free Corn and Seed bread in my local supermarket. It is the best of all the commercially produced GF breads I have ever tasted – which is a fair few over the 12 years I have been on a GF diet. It is the only one that is moist enough to be used as sandwiches – that are still sandwiches at lunchtime, rather than a pile of dry crumbs. It is a real treat.
Thank you so much for taking the time to cater for those of us on difficult diets. We appreciate youe efforts.”
“Thanks for making such a lovely, light gluten free bread.”
“We bought your Corn and Seed bread today from Moore Wilsons in Wellington. Today I had my first fresh bread sandwich in years. Thanks for making such a lovely, light gluten free bread.”