How to make the perfect Cinnamon Apple Turnovers!
- Make pastry as per the recipe.
- Combines the sugar, cinnamon, and flour and mix well together.
- Add the apples and the melted butter and mix thoroughly together.
- To prepare your pastry, roll out into about 15cm squares, about 3mm thick.
- The amount of filling should make about six pastries, depending on how well filled you like them.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with egg wash, and place apple mix on slightly less than half the area.
- Fold over the pastry (yes, this is a gluten-free pastry that folds!) and seal at all three edges by turning the bottom layer up and crimping it onto the top layer.
- Put several small slits in the top surface with a kitchen knife, to allow steam to escape.
- Brush the surface with egg wash and sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. ( A cup of sugar with 1-2 tsp of cinnamon in it is a good ratio, and you can just store the large surplus in a jar for the next time you make these.)
- Place the completed turnovers on baking paper on an oven tray and cook at 210c (on fab bake if possible ) for 20-25 minutes.
Note: Keep a close watch on them after the first 15 minutes, as ovens vary.)
Recipe by Judy Mcdonald