How to make perfect GLUTEN-FREE pastry
- 2 Cups of GFG Perfect Pastry Mix
- 240g Butter
- 250g lite sour cream
- Rub butter into Perfect Pastry Mix ( a food processor will do this in seconds.) Mixture should look like yellow bread crumbs.
- Add sour cream stir in using a knife.
- Using your hands (dust them with Perfect Pastry Mix or Pancake Mix) bring mixture into a ball of dough.
- Wrap in cling-film. Chill for half an hour at least!
- Place dough into floured surface (use Perfect Pastry Mix) and cut it in half.
It’s easier to work with half at at time.
- Lightly flatten dough with knuckles – dust with extra Perfect Pastry Mix and roll out gently using rolling pin.
Pastry is now ready to be used in sweet or savoury turnovers or pies, tarts, quiches and more.
To sweeten the pastry for dessert dihes, sprinkle the top with castor sugar or add 1/2 Cup sugar to the pastry mixture
Recipe by Judy Mcdonald