This has been adapted from an online recipe to render it gluten free. It is very tasty with plums, but
could also be made with blueberries or other fruit as you see fit.
- 700g plums, stones removed and probably peeled unless you like plum skins a lot…
- 3 Tbsp red jam – the original suggestion was plum jam, which I had none of, so I used strawberry and it was fine. You could also use raspberry jam. If using blueberries, try blueberry or blackberry jam.
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup Gluten Free Goodies Company Cake and Biscuit mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp castor sugar
- Icing sugar to dust before serving
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Lightly grease a 20x30cm ovenproof dish (or use 6-8 individual dishes if preferred).
- Place the plums, jam, lemon juice and zest in a microwaveable bowl, cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Alternatively, heat for 3-4 minutes in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat, until the jam has dissolved.
- Spoon the fruit mix into the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Place Cake and Biscuit mix, eggs, milk, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer (or a hand whisk if necessary) until combined.
- Pour the batter over the plums and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned and set (if using individual dishes the cooking time will be more like
- Serve warm or cold, with a dusting of icing sugar. It still tastes very good (maybe even better) after spending the night in the fridge in a covered container…
Recipe by Judy Mcdonald